Loving yourself is considered as one of the most important factors that you must know and possess. Just like what the bible says “love your neighbors as you love yourself”. In this phrase, you can understand that you need to love everything around you including yourself.
The following are some of the basics on how to start loving your own self to attain the significance of personal power perfection.
Get Rid Of the Anger and Grief
According to most researchers, this is the first factor that you need to follow. In order for you to move passed this first step, you write a journal that contains things that might still be upsetting you about things that have happened in your past.
After you have written down everything you have thought of, tear the page up & through it away! This might sound silly but I’ve done this & it really does work to clear these feelings out of you.
In this way, you can easily wash out the anger and grief that you are feeling inside. This kind of process is also known as catharsis, it simply means that you want to purify yourself until you are completely pure. It is a kind of cleansing process that is highly recommended to clean your soul’s dirt.
The next step that you should do is to forgive yourself for all the things that you have done wrong or think you might have done wrong. When you completely forgive yourself, it is the perfect time to forgive other people for the things that they also done to you. In order for you to completely forgive yourself, you need to let go all the bad memories that hurts you in the past and continue a brighter life in the future.
Build Positive Experiences
To completely start loving yourself, every single day of your life, you can start each day by writing in your journal positive things about yourself. You can also write down good things that you admire about people who are part of your life. Then when you go to bed, reread the list you made that morning, in this way you will fall asleep with a positive frame of mind.
Keeping these suggestions in mind will serve as your helpful guide in changing your life in a positive way. And remember, this is a new skill you are working on so if you stumble, don’t give yourself a hard time about it. As Dory says in Finding Nemo…”Just Keep Swimming”
Is being grateful part of your daily routine? Do you say “Thank You” for even the simplest things that you receive? If not, then, it is never too late for you to finally realize the essence of being grateful for all the things in your life.
The True Essence of Being Grateful
Whether you feel angry, moody, jealous or depressed recently or you feel that your life is full of negativity at this very moment, it is really never too late for you to enjoy the numerous benefits that being grateful has to offer.
In fact, you can take a few minutes any time and be thankful for the things that exist in your life, good or bad, happy or sad, for these can all make you grow into the kind of person that you are.
Seeing through the bad times and still being thankful might not really be easy but after you have surpassed them and you look back at your life’s darkest moments, you will surely appreciate the thing that you got from it = a tougher skin, a useful lesson or even just the mere experience which can help you in making better choices in the near future.
So, what are the benefits that you can get when you are grateful?
This helps you to be in the present, allowing you to notice the things that you have and stopping in order to acknowledge all of them. It can be as simple as having a pizza for lunch, the company of a classmate, or even the ability to hear.
Being grateful can generate good vibes. When applied to positive thinking, quantum physics state that your thoughts’ vibration can modify and affect the reality that surrounds you. It has been said that the initial 17 seconds of your thoughts are the most powerful, creating sufficient energy needed for starting attracting the things you are thinking of to come to your life.
When you are grateful, you have the power to change your mood almost immediately from negative into positive. Positive energy and good feelings arise once you start to acknowledge the things you are thankful for. However, there are some instances when your negative emotions start ruling you and affecting your mood. During these cases, it can be a bit hard for you to be actually grateful for anything.
When this situation befalls you, just think of this thought: things can always be much worst.
Whatever kind of circumstances you might be in, there is a chance that these can become way more difficult than what you are in right now. Be thankful that you are not in that “worst” part and try looking at things in a more positive light.
For instance, your budget probably doesn’t allow you to get a new pair of shoes but still, you have 5 other pairs when the other girl in your class doesn’t even have one.
You will finally be able to see the true essence of being grateful once you come to the realization that you can actually use your thankful feelings to achieve the things that you want. Be thankful today and expect for more blessings tomorrow.
“In the end, it is not the years in your life that counts – it is the life in your years.”
~ Abraham Lincoln
There are several things you have to do and changes you have to go through in order to have a better life. After all, having a life that you can be proud of, no matter the length, is more than enough of an accomplishment. These tips though, may sound so common and normal that you will be saying to yourself, “Why didn’t I think of that?”
The sad thing is that despite their being “common and normal” many people tend to forget them, or worse, simply ignore them. Simple as the following tips are, they are powerful enough to make both little and huge changes that can have an impact in your life.
1. Know what you want to do with your life. What do you want to achieve in your life? Do you want to be financially stable? Do you want to have a happy family? Do you want a mansion and a sports car? Whatever it is, knowing what you want in life is crucial. This is because long-term goals give your life direction and meaning, as well as provides you with the needed motivation to work diligently and industriously.
2. Know how much you don’t know. Acknowledge the fact that you do not know everything. Acknowledging this will fuel your desire to learn more. When you have that desire, you will find that as you learn, you become a little better every single day.
3. Clean the clutter in your home. Having a clean abode helps to make your life easier. For one, you will find that you a have a more relaxing home to come to after a hard day’s work.
4. Clean the clutter in your mind. When you have a clean home, you should strive to make your mind clutter free as well. This means that you have to learn to focus on the important things and do away with the less important ones. Once you do this, you will immediately feel less burdened by troublesome thoughts.
5. Share the love with others. Volunteer for your local community’s soup kitchen or maybe help in the clean up drive, or maybe you can read for kids in the local library. This is one way of doing something good for others, your community, and yourself. Helping others gives one a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment that is rarely found in other things.
6. When you reminisce about your life, think about the good things. Of course, you can think about the negative things too, but only to serve as your motivation to do and become better. Remember all the good you have done no matter how simple and unimportant they may seem, like picking up trash along the way home or maybe helping an old lady cross the street. When it comes to doing good, even the smallest of things count.
7. Don’t try to do too much at once. Life can be very hectic nowadays as you juggle work with home and so on. Sure, you may think that you will be able to accomplish more by doing several things at once, but such is not always the case. Take things one at a time – remember, the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
8. Reward yourself. When you know you did something worthwhile today, give yourself a gift. Rewards need not be something expensive, but even simple things that you enjoy like a hot cup of coffee at the coffee shop. It is not the price after all, but rather the feeling of achievement and fulfillment that resulted in the reward.
9. Strive to make today better than yesterday. If helping one old lady cross the street yesterday made you feel good about yourself, how would helping two old ladies today make you feel? See, the more good you do, the better you will feel about yourself.
10. Don’t forget that the focus is you. Helping others is necessary in order to become a better person, but do remember that if helping and pleasing everybody is becoming stressful, then maybe it is time to take a little step backwards. Remember that you cannot please every single person you come across with.
11. Be adventurous and take a risk. This is a necessary part of life, as it means that you should try to get out of your comfort zone from time to time. This widens your horizon and makes you more open-minded. Think of it as a way of opening yourself up to new and better opportunities.
12. Do something you truly enjoy. If you have been thinking about doing something for a long time (like starting a new hobby) but have been caught up in work and life, then try to make time for it. Reorganize your schedule and make plans – now. It provides a wonderful distraction from all the hustle and bustle of life.
13. Find inspiration. Inspiration is necessary to keep you going. Without it, your motivation will wane and you will end up back in square one. Some people find inspiration from the bible, while others find inspiration in characters they find in nonfiction novels and biographies or autobiographies. Some people even find inspiration from fictional characters in fiction novels.
14. If you believe that you are not seeing any improvement, then seeking professional help may be necessary. Alternatively, sometimes, joining an anonymous club is a good way of finding help and fulfillment. It allows you to connect to people who knows and experienced what you are going through.
15. Don’t waste money on comfort items. Don’t buy unnecessary material things in order to make yourself feel good. Instead, focus your attention and money to building a hobby. This way, you can save yourself from building a collection of needless clutter. Besides, the comforting effects of these items wane off quickly, making you feel regretful soon after.
Taking care of your self is an important factor in having a wonderful life. Every single day, we find ourselves in situations that are emotionally and consequently mentally straining and draining, be it stress from the workplace or home. Worse, you can find yourself wallowing in depression, which does not in any way contribute to you achieving that kind of life that you want. As such, it is important that you pay close attention to your emotional health, since not doing so only sets you back and causes a myriad of problems.
So you want to be rich, but how well are you doing at achieving your goal? You may be surprised to learn that your own emotions are what are either holding you back or creating the riches you desire. Let’s explain further.
According to hundreds of others who have created success and become rich, you must make your sure that your desires are clearly stated. You should also make sure to write down your desires. In addition to determining your desires, you need to have the persistence to carry out the instructions to achieve your desires.
Remember, your subconscious mind is always functioning even when you make no effort to influence it. If you want to benefit your subconscious mind, you need to make sure you are feeding it positive emotions and not negative ones. If thoughts of fear or poverty enter your subconscious that’s the life you going to live. You are the master of your impulses and you must learn to feed them the desired food to ensure you get the desired results.
Your subconscious is never idle. If you don’t take the time to send your desires to your subconscious, it will feed on the negative thoughts that go through your mind. Both negative and positive impulses will reach your mind and create your destiny.
By using your controlled imagination you can create plans and focus on purpose that will lead you to success. Everything that we do starts with an impulse. Humankind creates nothing that does not begin with a thought. When you add in the imagination, you can train your subconscious to create the success you desire.
Be careful because the mind is easily influenced by impulses or any thought that is mixed with emotion or feeling. In fact, there is a great deal of research that would indicate the only thoughts that become actions are those that have emotion associated with them.
You are writing the script and the audience is your subconscious. The response of your audience will depend on the emotional message you deliver and how you influence your subconscious audience. You need to speak the language it can understand.
There are seven positive emotions that are key to your subconscious. They are:
There are others but these are the most powerful if you want to see your desires become reality.
There are also seven negative emotions that you need to avoid. They are:
If you get caught up in these emotions, you will never reach your desires. You will never become rich. So how will you handle your emotions? Are you going to make it to rich?